Saturday, January 15, 2011

Learning Profiles, Profile NN

In class, Mr. Whiting taught us about profiles using the Dominance Factor- how knowing your dominant eye, ear, side of brain, hand, foot and how this can improve my learning. I found out I was profile NN.   I am Gestalt Dominant.  I can learn using auditory and kinesthetic communication.  When I am stressed my vision and my movements are limited.

I learn best through movement and by focusing on the whole picture.    I appreciate metaphors and examples when problem solving.

I could improve my learning by sitting halfway back on the right side to hear, but where I can also move without disturbing others.  I have to do something with my hands while listening to new learning, like playing with clay, or doodling.   When listening to new information, I may have to close my eyes and turn the dominant ear toward the sound.

Things that I can do to help my learning process are activities that integrate cross-lateral movements like Lazy 8's for eyes, cross crawl, three dimensional art, blinking while tracking around the edge of an object, soccer, martial arts, Tai Chi.  I can learn better, if I can balance art, music, movement and interpersonal/intrapersonal skills while learning language and math.

I would like my teachers to know that I am quick to grasp the main idea, but I have great difficulty hearing and communicating the details in a linear way.  I will use the new ideas I have learned here to help me in my classes and see if this helps me grasp new information quicker.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment